Robotics also provides an opportunity to rediscover and redesign learning by engaging students in an inquiry based approach to collaborate and be creative in solving open ended robotics challenges. It is best suited for Challenge Based Learning and Problem Based Learning.
The key features of Robotics club are:
- Age appropriate robot design activities across grade 4-6.
- Easy to use cloud based programming interface.
- Assessment record of the students learning.
- Â Guided Power point sessions to assist students in robot building.
Learning robotics helps the students in different life skills like:
- Robots have an intellectual and emotional appeal that transcends any other type of engineered product.
- Robots inculcate an interest in science and increase self-esteem, as well as teach basic life skills such as problem solving, decision making, goal setting and logical thinking.
- Robots represent a practical application of physics, computer science, engineering, and mathematics, and may be used to speculate about concepts of humanities.
- Robotics in the classroom offers teachers the opportunity to bring together many different areas of study.
- It also allows students the chance to realize their full potential, moving from possibility to reality through a hands-on process that uses their many skills as a human being including cooperative problem solving and critical thinking.
- Robotics its-self is a discipline worth to study because the robots are no longer restricted to the factory floor or hazardous environments, robots are making their way into human environments.